Monday, October 01, 2007

Checking in...

I apologize for the lack of posting recently. What was supposed to be the return to "normalcy" in our house (whatever that may be) this month has instead continued to be another month of craziness. The beginning of this month began with a staff retreat with Acts 2, after being in Bridgewater taking care of Nick and Ali the previous two weeks. Then we were home for two weeks, before heading up to Baltimore. Kathryn and I spent the week up in Baltimore because my grandfather, "Pop-pop", passed away, after suffering from a stroke back in June, and many ups and downs. Although it was a sad time, we were able to spend lots of time with my extended family, which was nice. I had so much help and love from the family for Kathryn, and was able to pitch in a little and help out while I was there also. But now we are back and are ready to begin fall and determine what our lives will look like now with Johnny teaching, me working part-time, and all that comes along with that. I hope to load some newer pictures and post them soon. I did want to highlight a blog entry I just read that I found quite poignant, real, and funny. As a new mom going through much of what Elisa talks about, I had to laugh (and amazingly didn't cry, yet) at her honesty and portrayal of what it's like. If you click on this link it will take you to the blog.

No comments: