Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas-Crabtree Edition

So, I've been sick the past couple weeks, and have gotten behind on some blogging that I've meant to do. So, first off is the last of the Christmas posts.

This is my attempt at a picture of the kids with their great-grandparents. As you can see, Kathryn was not in the mood to cooperate... (These are my dad's parents.)Four Crabtree siblings, plus my kids. The story behind this picture is that when David and I were little, my mom's dear friend Barb would send us all a Christmas package in the mail with all kinds of goodies and gifts. One of the things I most looked forward to was the package of chocolate covered animal crackers in that package. Every year at Christmas, I remember those cookies, remembering how good they were. This year, I finally thought to ask her if she remembered sending them, and where she got them. I figured it was a shot in the dark. How would she remember some random cookies she used to send us all those years ago?!? Well, much to my surprise, she knew exactly what I was talking about, and was going to get some the very next week! So, being the sweet Barbie that she is, she sent some to all of us! Here we are before opening them (only I knew what was inside...!).
Opening our special gifts!
How fun to share this special thing from my childhood now with my daughter!
Not a great picture, but here we are showing our cookies!
And then we opened the rest of the gifts.
Jackson was very excited about his book!
And another attempt at a picture with my grandparents. It turned out ok, I suppose. I sure do love them!

No comments: