Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Beautiful Fall


After talking to my dear friend Krisha several weeks ago and hearing her musing over missing the fall season down in Orlando, I made it my mission to savor every moment of fall that I could. I also made it a point to try to capture as much of the season as possible in still images to be sent to her, so she could still experience, although second-hand, another gorgeous Virginia fall. Therefore, over the past several weeks, I have been more keenly aware than ever of the beautiful world around me, taking in all the changing colors, scenes of autumn, displays of mums and pumkins, and piles of leaves. It's amazing how much you notice when you stop to take the time and have it on your mind. I am thankful for my heightened senses this year during this season, and hope that I can continue to be more appreciative of all around me, as I stop to take the time to be thankful for what I have, realizing that not everybody gets to enjoy the things in life that we all do. Thanks, God, for your amazing creativity, beauty, and love.

No comments: