Wednesday, November 01, 2006

An unexpected treat

This past Friday, I had an appointment to get my hair cut. The cool thing about our hair dresser is this. She has been friends of Johnny's family for many years, and has cut his family's hair since he was about 10 years old. When we moved back here to Roanoke and joined staff with Acts 2, she approached us about support. Even though she was not able to support us financially, she said that God has given her a gift in the ability to cut hair, and she would like to use that gift to bless us with free hair cuts. How amazing is that, that God would provide in such a unique way?!? She has even spent an hour highlighting my hair last spring, all for free, counting it a joy to pamper me and encouraging me in my walk and in the ministry.

So, as I was getting ready to leave the shop last Friday, she was talking with another employee there, a masseuse who is a month away from graduating from masseuse school (is that what you call it?). She was talking with the other hair dressers there, trying to schedule times for them to get a massage. I think she has to complete so many hours of practice before graduation. So, our hair dresser, Sherry, started asking me what I was going to do after I left her. I told her about a few errands I had to do, and when she asked me about my time constraints, told her I wasn't really on a schedule (for once in my life!). Well, the next thing I know, I am getting a free 3o minute massage! It was just really neat how God provided in an unexpected way, in something I didn't even ask for or think about. It's random, I know, but I wanted to share with you about how God blesses us sometimes, even when we're not expecting it. He knew I needed special attention that day, and I am thankful for His lovingcare for His children.

No comments: