Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day! As my "first" Mother's Day (I'll explain more later), I have a newfound appreciation for mothers. Thanks, mom, for being such a wonderful mom to me and David, Ali, and Nick. We all love you so much!

This picture is of mom and I when I was pregnant.And this is Kathryn and I on Easter. She was trying to eat her hands, of course.
It was Mother's Day last year that we found out we were pregnant with Kathryn. What a neat day to find out! We had the privilege this year to dedicate her to the Lord at church this morning. Mother's Day therefore has a special place in my heart, now, as a mom, both in finding out about becoming a mom last year on this day, and in dedicating her to the Lord this year. The dedication is a neat way of publicly proclaiming what we do every day with our daughter, giving her over to the Lord, commiting to raise her to know and love Him, to the best of our abilities. We'll post more about the dedication later when we get pictures to accompany.

No comments: