Friday, March 06, 2009

No paci!!! update

Kathryn is doing great, and I am adjusting! :) She's only been allowed to have her paci in her bed at naptime and bedtime for months now. So it hasn't been a problem at all except for when it's time for her to sleep. She cried a little bit when I put her down for her nap this afternoon, and it was a little short (but they can range anywhere from 1-3 hours, so it was just on the shorter end of "normal" for her). But tonight she went to bed with no crying at all! I am amazed at that! Hopefully she'll continue to sleep well tonight. And she hasn't shown any issues with Jackson having a paci. She even got his paci for him several times today. So, it looks like this is it! Our little girl is growing up.... It truly is a bittersweet thing. (Don't tell her, but I still have all her contraband pacis hidden in a cup in the kitchen. I haven't been able to bring myself to trash them yet...)

1 comment:

The Riggalls said...

I am proud of you for standing strong on that. I know exactly what you mean and how you feel b/c I am in the same boat. Jaron will be 2 on Sat. and I keep telling him that after he turns 2 he will be a big boy and won't need his paci anymore. We'll see how things go. It's the little things in life that are so hard for us Mommies.