Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm at the point in my pregnancy when...

...people stop me all the time to comment on how I must be "about to pop".
...I don't fit into regular bathroom stalls anymore--it's handicapped stalls for me.
...if people don't stop to ask when I'm due, they give me very concerned/sympathetic looks. Sorry, it doesn't really make me feel any better, but thanks for trying.
...I waffle back and forth between wanting to do nothing but sit for hours, and then cleaning everything in sight.
...I wake up every day thinking, "This could be the day" then realize it could be another 4 weeks too.
...people ask "It's just one in there?"
...I get mad at every little thing, like mosquitoes, ice that melts too quickly, and dirt.
...most everything hurts, most all of the time.
...I am hungry all the time, but then eat just a small amount and feel miserable because there's simply no room for my stomach to expand with food.
...I will break out in tears, sometimes literally over nothing.
...rolling over in bed is quite the ordeal, involving lots of grunting, moaning, hoisting, and repositioning of my four (yes, four!) pillows.

But, all that being said, I know that once the baby is here, things aren't going to be easier. Sure, all the "funs" of pregnancy will be over, but with that brings many more challenges. However, I am trying to enjoy both sides of the equation. Right now, I'm trying to focus on spending good quality time with Kathryn, as I don't know when will be my last day with just her. And I'm trying to enjoy feeling the sweet kicks (and rolls, and punches, and pokes and prods) from my little guy inside. That truly is one of the greatest things about being pregnant, is feeling all those sweet movements.

Here are some pictures of the kids' rooms (wow, kids...). Kathryn loves her new bedroom, and I love how girlie it is. And the baby's room is all set and ready for him too (more prepared than I was for Kathryn...how sad!). Be sure to scroll all the way down to the bottom to see a picture of our little guy taken last week...so cute!










7 comments:

Sarah Rose said...

Just today I was thinking how I'd completely forgotten how hard the last few weeks of pregnancy are! I remembered the nausea of the first trimester, but these last weeks... wow! Part of me thinks that it's worse, simply because I'm chasing Phoebe around most of the day. Amen to everything hurting most all of the time!

Also, can I tell you how impressed I am at your preparedness? We have still done nothing!

Laurie B. said...

Oh Cristen! I wish I could give you a hug. People used to ask me if it was twins too. I'm praying he comes soon!

La Familia Garcia said...

The rooms look great!!!
I'm sure now that they are done, you are even more anxious!
Praying for you these last (few) weeks/days.

Naomi said...

It's funny how you forget all those "bad" things once the baby is here. But, now that you mentioned them, it's all coming back to me (singing: coming back to me now). We are certainly praying for you. And the "kids" :) rooms look great! Also, I don't know if you got my message, but Happy Birthday (yesterday)!

Kristie said...

And there's my personal favorites: "You haven't had that baby yet?" and "You're STILL pregnant!"

The rooms look wonderful, and from the sounds of it you're almost there.

Krisha said...

Oh... Cristen, can I just say that I love you so!!! I love the blunt and humorous honesty of your days as a preggo and I am thankful you've recorded all the funnies (and well.. not so funnies... ) thanks for sharing! I love you and can't wait till he's OUT!

The Riggalls said...

They are so funny... and yet so true. Some of those things I myself can understand and sympathize with even though I still have 8 weeks to go. You're being a real trooper. Hang in there! The Lord is with you! Great rooms by the way.