Saturday, September 13, 2008

My little cook

A while back, I posted about how Kathryn likes to help me cook, and how she wears my apron. I got lots of responses about where to find baby aprons, and after checking out Brooke's suggestion, ordered one from autumnwear. Kathryn got to use it last night while helping me fix dinner. She was so cute walking around like a big girl, and she keeps it in the drawer with my apron too. By the way, I highly recommend Autumn's creations...it's soooo cute, and Autumn was great to make sure it was exactly what we wanted!
Since what I was making was all too hot for her to handle at the time, I gave her her own cooking stuff...a metal bowl, wooden spoon, two small bowls, and some dry macaroni noodles. Now, I don't consider myself particularly creative, but I was really proud of myself with this idea. She looooved it, and it kept her entertained for quite a while! Watch the video at the end (about 1 minute long) so see how she was cooking and tasting her food. It's so fun when she pretends now...what a big girl she's becoming!!

5 comments:

Naomi said...

I love her new apron! And she is so adorable mixing her food and tasting it. What a fun age!

La Familia Garcia said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you got one, and it is too cute! ;)What a big helper you have too!

La Familia Garcia said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you got one, and it is too cute! ;)What a big helper you have too!

La Familia Garcia said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you got one, and it is too cute! ;)What a big helper you have too!

Unknown said...

Sweet!!! I'm sure you're mom has a lump in her throat for remembering when you did the exact same thing; what a blessing to see the next generation quickly rising behind us. Love to you all!!!!
Becky (mom) Puff
Psalm 61:5
"For you, O God, have heard my vows; for You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your Name"